Packing.......

Such fun, such fun, heading to Vegas for a couple of days this week for Pragmatic Marketing Training, so I'm working on getting the house cleaned up tonight, so I don't have to deal with it when I get home. I'm really not in the mood to iron and pack, much less clean house. I'm hoping to catch up with a couple of friends while I'm gone, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have. 

Saturday was crop day at Scrapbook Paradise...It was great, 12 hours of scrapbooking. I'm still working on my Christmas cards and tried something new with the snowflakes


I've changed the snowflakes by adding some cellophane to give them some depth and reflection without getting them too thick, since they have to be mailed.


I'm happy with the results, the only thing I think I'm going to change on the cards, is I'm going to purchase white shimmer paper for the top of the card to give more of a snowy feel.

I also worked on some birthday cards which turned out pretty well. The first two are more masculine for a 17 year old and one of my closest friends, I didn't want to do anything frilly for the guys. 



The last one is a simple card for my niece who is celebrating her birthday on the 5th of October.


I also worked on the Crop Chocolate recipe for the week, which was......

Who has a special child in their life with fur? Let’s dedicate a Layout or Card to our special “furbabies”! Here is this week’s recipe:
Brown or Black Cardstock
Grey or White Ribbon
A name tag (be creative)
1-3 photos of your fur baby

Of course I had to do 3, one for each fur kid....

Tom


Pippi


and Luna


I wasn't very creative on Tom and Pippi's names, but I love how Luna's turned out....the phases of the moon. Each of them also has one of their favorite toys on the layout....Tom's has one of his plastic fetch toys (yes, he plays fetch), Pippi's has string....she likes to go fishing, and Luna's has one of her fuzz balls. Each layout has a pull out that I did some journaling on, including how they came to live with me, and some of the fun things I do. I also added a list of things I love about each one of them. I plan on framing these and hanging them in my craft room.

I started working on Christmas gifts on saturday, so I could get an idea of what I would need for scrapbook camp. 3 weeks and counting.  Here is a set of note cards and a note card holder, the cards still need some finishing touches, but they're getting there.



All in all, I had a good day.

We have another 12 hour crop next Saturday, to prepare for camp. I'll be cutting lots of snowflakes....hope my silhouette holds out. 

Time to finish packing now......

Keep Dreaming


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break