Final Days of Summer... bring the Balloon Races and other things....

I can hardly believe that fall is arriving this week. It seems like summer just began. The weather is turning cooler, (although they're predicting low 90's for mid-week here in Reno) especially in the evenings. I love leaving the windows open and letting the coolness into the condo. Days are getting shorter. At work we are prepping for G2E (Global Gaming Expo). All signs of fall. The next few weeks are going to be busy, with a couple of multi-day trips to Las Vegas (including G2E) and preparing for Scrapbook Camp.

Last weekend I spend a day scrapbooking at Tawn's house. I got some fun things accomplished. This the is Thanksgiving card I made for the Crop Chocolate Recipe Challenge #8....after I got home, I decided the turkey needed something, so I got out my stickles and gave his tail a little pizazz.






I also worked on a birthday card, it was intended for a friend's son, but I think it's a little juvenile for him, so I save it and make another card for the teenager.



I did a couple of layouts just for fun.




Sunday, I did something I would not normally do on a weekend. I got up before the crack of dawn....3:30 am and made my way to Rancho San Rafeal park for the Reno Balloon Races......It was a beautiful morning.


In honor of Sept 11th, the colors are flying high....

I had never seen so many hot air balloons in one place, while there was a ton of people, it was very relaxing.

This is my favorite picture from the hundreds I took....


Today has been devoted to working on the prototype for my Christmas cards. I know it seems early, but since I will be spending 3 days at scrapbook camp in October, I thought I'd be proactive and work on getting some ideas for my christmas cards so I can make them at camp.

Here is my design


I started with some ribbon that I liked, and built the color scheme around the ribbon. I had actually seen the design on a card kit and really liked the idea of snowflakes. I still am not happy with the snowflake cutout and tulle, but I've got a couple of weeks to work on that. The problem with the snowflake cutout is parts are thin and tear easily, also when I stickled them, they stuck to my scrap paper. I'm wondering if I use waxed paper or my craft mat if that will alleviate the sticking problem.  The bottom of the card was just done with scrap paper, but I did by corresponding cardstock to the ribbon that will be on the finished product. I found inks in my sable that works well with the ribbon. 

I also made a card for the Crop Chocolate week 9 challenge...although, I didn't use a fall theme.


I still like it.

Next week, I'm attending a crop at Scrapbook Paradise on Saturday, time for more prep for camp, and then I'll be packing for 3 days in Vegas. Maybe, I'll get to see some friends while I'm there.

Follow Your Dreams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break