The big project that I finally got completed tonight is the lamp project. It's really an altered object project. I got an old brass lamp from a friend and decided I wanted to revamp it for use in my living room. So, here are the lamp pieces before......
Sorry this is sideways, for some reason blogger doesn't want to insert the picture correctly. This is the lamp base.
These are pictures of the glass that goes on the spider arms of the lamp base. (Again, for some reason blogger doesn't want to insert the picture correctly).
Now here's the finished product.....
I spray painted the brass base of the lamp silver and used alcohol inks to color the pieces of the glass green and purple. The affect of the alcohol ink on the glass is pretty subtle. I wasn't sure how it was all going to come together, but I like the way it turned out.
Here it is moved into place in my living room.
This is the light, with the green and purple glass.
In addition to the lamp, I've also been making some cards. All of the cards were made for challenges on Crop Chocolate.
A Valentines Card made with non-traditional colors
Making Shapes out of other shapes Card #1 - A shamrock made from hearts.
Shapes challenge #2 - the flames on the birthday candles are made from hearts.
Card made using primary colors (red, blue and yellow).
2nd card made with primary colors.
Looks like it will be a busy week again this week, with a day trip to Vegas on Wednesday.
Time to make some dinner, do the ironing and watch the Oscars.
Have a good week everyone.