August Already

Where did July go? It's always a busy month for me, but this year it just flew by and August is here. It's funny, but my Grandma always said that years go faster as you grow older, I'm beginning to believe it's true. 

I've been busy this weekend, between cleaning carpets and getting my hair done, I did manage to find some crafty time today. I really wanted to work on the recipe challenges from Crop Chocolate this weekend, so here are my contributions. 

Blueberry Muffin

Blue and Brown Cardstock or Patterned Paper
Brads
Something floral
Letter Stickers
*Mystery ingredient – go dig out your old funky edge scissors and try to use them*

How did I do?


For this card, I used the new
Authentique - Journey and Splendid lines, as well as Paper Reverie - Brun Antique letters. I also made my first attempt at dryer sheet flowers, using Glimmer Mist (Bahama Blue, Trunk Bay and Sun Sisters) and Stickles (Lagoon, Mermaid and Yellow).

The second recipe was Strawberry Shortcake
Pink & Black Cardstock or Patterned Paper
Brads or Bling
3 flowers
Letter Stickers
*Mystery ingredient – Try to repurpose stickers with glitter, paint, ink, stickles…* 



Again, my paper of choice was from Authentique, this time the Uncommon Collection, the flowers, brads, letters and lace are from my "Sable" and again Stickles, this time in Star Dust were used to accentuate the lettering.

This card is for my cousin, who lost her Grandma this past week. I just wanted her to know I'm thinking about her.

My last two projects today were for one of the wonderful ladies on Crop Chocolate - Purplesmog who is putting together a couple of scrapbooks for some young boys who are sadly losing their Dad to cancer, I volunteered to do a double page layout for each book, in a Me and my Dad theme. I tried to keep them very basic........


MME's Stella & Rose - Hattie line was the basis for this layout, the letters are highlighted with Cinnamon Stickles.


American Crafts - Happy Trails is the paper I used here, the tag is from MME and Thickers complete the page. 

I feel for these little guys, especially since I know what losing a parent is like. Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of my Mom's passing. I was much older than these two little guys when she passed away, I was 21, but I still miss her very much. 

Next week is shaping up to be a very busy week, followed by a short well deserved vacation. On Saturday, I'll be heading to Portland, OR for a couple of days of sightseeing and relaxation. Oh, don't worry, I'll still be creating, I always take my X-stitch on trips. I started working on a christmas present for a friend, so I need to keep going on the piece and maybe actually get it finished in time to mail it. 

As always, keep dreaming........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break