Busy Weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

I've had a busy weekend, yesterday was National Scrapbook Day, so I attended a 14 hour crop held by Scrapbook Paradise here is Reno. It was fun as always, and I got quite a bit accomplished.

The first thing I completed was an elegant card for a challenge on CropChocolate

 
The challenge was to use something from the Making Memories Bravissimo line - sold at Michaels, so the rosette and sentiment are from that line. I've never worked with black and white before, so it was a little out of the box for me, Thanks Tanya for the flower idea.


The second project was for my sister, and is a framed picture of 2 of my beautiful nieces Sam and Kelly. 
I used the Echo Park Springtime line for this layout, along with some Prima Butterflies and some flowers that I had in my sable (supplies accumulated beyond life expectancy). I'm entering this in the Echo Park NSD challenge.

The third project that was on my list was a cover page for the school album I made for my youngest niece - Kelly who is in first grade this year, so here it is.


Again Echo Park was the vendor of choice, this is their Playground line. My only complaint is that they don't include numeric stickers along with their alphas, so I had to improvise.

Project number 4 is still in progress, it is an album for one of my best friends of all the trips we have taken since we've been friends, I finished another 6 layouts for that album, so all in all I think it was a very productive day. 

Today is the day that we thank our Mom's for being there for us through thick and thin, so I'd like to take a minute to say I Love You to two wonderful women, who have guided and influenced me to hopefully become the best woman that I can - my mom Theresa, I was privileged to have you for my mom for the first 21 years of my life, I love you and I miss you everyday. You've been gone for almost 30 years, but I hope I retain most of what you taught me and will strive to make you proud. Mirt, I am so blessed that my Dad found you to make him happy after many years of struggling on his own to raise 4 kids. Thank You for being my step-mom, I love you lots. 

Again, Happy Mothers Day. Keep Dreaming.
Lisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break