Beginning Again...2015

So, it seems like a very long time since I've posted - and it has been over a year, so much has been going on. After moving back to Vegas, in December of 2013, it has taken me almost a year to get back into the swing of things. It's been a long time since I've had a roommate, and it is taking me a bit of time to get used to shared space. One of the hardest things is that I've lost my crafty area, so much of my stuff is still in storage (yes, even a year later). Slowly, it is making it's way from the storage units to the house, but I get frustrated at times when I can't find something that I know I have. This year I will be making more of an effort to be organized so I can find things a bit more easily.

The first project for the new year actually started a couple of days ago and hopefully will finish up by the weekend. First let me preface, since I moved in with a friend, it is taking a lot of organization to bring two full households together - First step, the garage ..... Not sure I want to show a before picture, but here goes 

Some it mine, some is hers, and it's all a mess. My goal this week has been to clean out boxes, donate, throw and organize the rest. As of today we are about 2/3rds done. I will finish up tomorrow with the goal of getting my freezer out of storage in the next couple of weeks. The garage has lots of built in storage which helps as well. Once the freezer is out of storage, I will be able to consolidate all of my things into 2 storage units instead of 3, I have an organizational plan, and it will help me save money as well. Once I've got things straightened out, and the garbage out to the curb, I will post the after picture.

This year, I was able to make some trips to different areas of the country, that I don't normally get to visit and a trip home to Minnesota (you can take the girl out of MN but you can't take MN out of the girl). 


The first big trip of the year was to a rainy Minnesota for my Grandma's funeral. While it was for a sad occasion, it was very nice to see many cousins that I hadn't seen in years (many for over 20 years).


This is a family picture, with all of the Trembley, Holmes and Malone aunts, uncles and cousins in attendance. The family in this picture came from Michigan, South Dakota, Maryland, California, Minnesota and Nevada (me). 

In June, I got the chance to visit my cousins in San Diego, when I made the trip to Scrapbook Expo to take some classes. While my cousin Kyle Malone the Navy Pilot, was out on his ship, I got to visit with his wife Jaime, her mom Pam, and Jaime and Kyle's daughter Lucy.


Unfortunately, during this trip, I broke my camera, but was able to get a picture of Lucy and myself, thanks to Jaime. 

My next adventure was a cross-country drive from Vegas to Clintonville, WI to help one of my best friends move back home. Driving a UHaul cross-country, never thought I'd be doing that again. But we made it - 3 days and 1600 miles, road construction and all. I got her there and moved into her new home without too many problems, at least until I attempted to get home from Appleton, between severe thunderstorms and a cancelled flight, I finally make it back 24 hours later than I was supposed to. 


Cindy's cute new home in Clintonville, WI.


Cindy and I 

Camp Scrapbook Paradise took place in October this year up in Portola, CA. Much fun was had by all and creativity was all around. 


Peaceful from the outside


The craziness within


The deer come very close


The whole crew


A card kit complete


Thanksgiving cards


Christmas Cards

My last trip of the year was to Alexandria and Marksville, Louisiana for Thanksgiving to visit another friend who recently moved there. While I had been to Louisiana on a couple of occasions, I'd never been to the Marksville area. It's very pretty and I got a chance to see a bit more of the state.


Angel, Tony, myself, Deb and Charles - Thanksgiving 2014


White Tiger at the Alexandria Zoo - Alexandria, LA


Christmas Tree - Natchitoches, LA


Nick - the horse for our carriage tour - Natchitoches, LA


Christmas Lights Festival - Natchitoches, LA

Like I said, it was an eventful year. My goal for 2015 is to keep this blog up-to-date, as I'm sure there will be a lot going on as usual. Starting with next weekends trip to CHA in Anaheim. 

Until the next time ------ Dream Big.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break