Looking Forward to Labor Day

OK, so I know that Labor Day unofficially marks the end of summer, but I'm looking forward to it this year, not because summer is ending and fall is beginning, although cooler weather would be nice, but be cause one of my close friends is coming to Reno for the weekend. Since I moved to Reno 4 years ago, I have not gotten to spend too much time with her, just an occasional brunch when I'm in Las Vegas. We used to do 3 or 4 long weekend trips a year, so I've been missing her. Not sure what the plans are yet, but I do know we will be taking in the Rib Cook-Off no matter what. Yum!

I have been working on a few crafty things the past few weeks, the first thing is, I finished a cross-stitch picture for a dear friend, he requested a night winter scene quite a few years ago, I finally found the right scene and after a year...it's finished. With a simple frame and white (stickled) mat, I think it turned out really well.


The challenge for the CropChocolate focus group in August was Subway Art. I really wanted to do something a little different this time, not a card or a layout. So I created 2 plaques, one for each of my friends daughters Alyssa who is 4 and Izzi who is 5. Izzi is also really into rainbows right now, so the plaque also fit into a rainbow challenge for the CropChocolate weekly challenge.

Here they are:


For my favorite dancer Alyssa


For Izzi

Today I created a birthday card for my honorary niece Alexis, who's birthday is today.


It also works for the summer watery weekly challenge. 

As you can probably tell, I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately, so I've been using the weekly challenges to jump start the creative process... not sure if it is working yet.

Thanks for stopping by.... and continue to Dream Big

Comments

  1. Enjoyed your projects. Love the cross stitched cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Lisa! Have fun visiting with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! :) Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the “Un”-Official Crop Chocolate blog hop!

Bountiful Borders - Welcome to the 2nd "Un-Official" Crop Chocolate Blog Hop!

Spring Break