Sunday, October 7, 2012

Operation Write Home....

Wow, it seems like a long time since I've had the time or the inclination to post. I have to admit, it's been a busy few weeks with a few more to go before things settle down. Between work and fun stuff, I've had little time to play, however I did make time to create some cards for Operation Write Home (thanks to the blog hop on Crop Chocolate.

Let's see, what's been going on the past month or so. Over Labor Day weekend, I was lucky enough to have one of my closest friends visit, Virginia City, and Lake Tahoe. It was really great to see her.


Here is Cindy on her first visit to Lake Tahoe

After Labor Day, the next big event is the Reno Balloon Races - I went out on Sunday for the Glow Show and Dawn Patrol. Unfortunately, due to wind conditions, after Dawn Patrol, the balloons were grounded, so no Mass Ascension on Sunday, but beautiful just the same.


Dawn Patrol before take-off 

I was able to get some scrapbooking in as well, with a little help from Scrapbook Paradise and the September Crop 'til you Drop - 2 days of scrapbooking and card making

I started my christmas cards - how do they look?


These were for the Crop Chocolate card swap






These are cards that I will send, although a couple of them are being sent to Operation Write Home as well (cards for troops)

I also got the chance to finish up my recipe cards for the Recipe Swap on Crop Chocolate.


I did Taco Salad, here's a close up of the paper pieced taco


Today, I got the chance to make some more cards for Operation Write Home









While I've got a busy couple of weeks planned, with a trip to Vegas next weekend for the semi-annual Stitch Retreat with the Southern NV Stitcher's Guild and Drunk Puppy (a charity event for Noah's Animal Ark), I'm going to attempt to get some more cards made, I'm shooting for 30 or so by the end of October, but my count is only at 12 now. We will see what I can accomplish.

Until next time ----- Keep Dreaming






No comments:

Post a Comment